Become a Member
The Welsh Sports Association is the umbrella body to over 60 National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs), organizations and groups. New members are always welcome to join and make use of the numerous services the WSA offers.
On this page you can find details of who is already a member of the Welsh Sports Association, what benefits membership offers and how your organization can join us.
Membership to the Welsh Sports Association includes the following benefits:
Become a Member
- An opportunity to influence policy through our lobbying of key issues affecting sport and recreation.
- Exclusive access to our employment and HR documents, specifically prepared for governing bodies by Geldards Solicitors.
- Free training opportunities and workshops on topics covering risk management, personal and professional development and IT.
- Access to hundreds of guidance documents and links on child protection, equality, marketing, finance, risk management, corporate governance and volunteering.
- Use of the WSA helpline for enquiries on employment and company law, health and safety, tax, payroll and much more.
- Monthly e-newsletters on the latest policies and issues affecting sport and recreation.
- Special offers and discounts on goods and services.
- Invitation to our annual general meeting.
There are two classes of membership:
Election to either class of membership is subject to the approval of the Full Members in either a General Meeting or at the Annual General Meeting.
- Full Membership of the Association is open to governing bodies which represent the principal interests of their sporting discipline in Wales. The Board can recommend the extension of full membership rights to those National Organizations clearly identified as playing a significant role in Welsh sport. Organizations in full membership are entitled to one vote at General meetings of the Association and at the Association's Annual General Meeting.
- Associate Membership is offered by the Association to other appropriate organizations. Associate members have no voting rights and are not eligible to hold elective office.
Membership Application Form (119k)
For a list of all the WSA Members click here